Textured Hair Talk: Styling – Wash and Go or Finger Coil
In our last post, we helped you discover the cleansing routine best for your hair type. Now, let’s talk about styling! Textured hair has a variety of styles and options to wear beautifully. But, to avoid as much damage as possible, it is crucial to understand the amount of heat necessary for your hair type. Also, being knowledgeable of products that work best for your hair type will help your hair look its absolute best. So, let’s get started.
Two styles that embrace the natural wave or curl of the hair are the Wash and Go or Finger Coils. And bonus! These styles allow the hair to be low maintenance for days after the style is set. A Wash and Go hairstyle is fantastic for hair growth and scalp health. This style allows the curl pattern to stay in shape and maintain moisture. Finger Coils take a Wash and Go to the next level. Yes, Finger coiling can be a tedious task, but it is a rewarding look. And the awesome thing about finger coiling is that it lets you control how much volume and definition your curls have.
Wash and Go:
- Cleanse and condition as normal. Add in your go-to styling products before you hop out of the shower if you have 4A-4C. Each texture pattern has different set of products that will suit the hair the best.
- For wavy 2A-2C hair, prep the hair by applying the Cherry Almond Leave-in Conditioner. Add the Be Curly Curl Enhancer for slip and the Confixor Liquid Gel for grip.
- For 3A-4C hair, prep the hair with either Brillant Damage Control, Nutriplenish Leave-in Conditioner, Be Curly Style-Prep, or the Nutriplenish Daily Moisturizing Treatment for slip.
- After the above prep, for styling purposes for 3A-3C, apply Be Curly Curl Enhancer or the Dry Remedy Moisturizing Oil for slip.
- In addition to the prep above, for styling purposes for 4A-4C, apply the Brilliant Humectant Pomade or Brilliant Universal Styling Crème for slip and Nutriplenish Curl Gelée, or Confixor Liquid Gel for grip.
- Any of the following are great products for styling for all hair textures: Nutriplenish Curl Gelée, Brilliant Retexturing Gel, Phomollient Styling Foam, Invati Advanced Thickening Foam, or the Flax Seed Aloe.
- After you get out of the shower and the hair is dry, apply the Nutriplenish Multi-Use Hair Oil to lock in moisture.
- Go about your normal hair washing routine, begin detangling your curls and section the hair off into a handful of areas.
- Take those areas and wrap small sections of the hair around your finger. The styling products put into the hair during the shower will help hold the curl in place without creating a crunchy feeling when the hair dries completely.
- Once you have finger coiled all over your head, take a diffuser and finish drying those curls.
- Afterwards, break up the large sections of finger coils by running your hands or a wide tooth comb through them and you’re set to go!